Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just received a vizio E500i- tv as a wedding gift the tv

Customer Question

I just received a vizio E500i-bi tv as a wedding gift the tv was put in my house while we were on sour honeymoon any way long story short when I unboxed the tv and turned it on I only have half of THE.tv working on the left side I am very good at electrical repair but what makes it only have half the screen and the screen is not cracked I can squeeze the right side and it will come on
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jimbo, and congrats on the wedding.

How old is the tv?
If it is less than a year old, you're covered under warranty and don't want to do anything yourself here (will only cost you more time and money and void what warranty you do have).

If beyond the warranty, there are certainly options to fix it.

Is the right side completely black as if powered off? Or is it lit up just with no pic?