Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My 52" LG television went down after a ice storm power

Customer Question

My 52 " LG television went down after a ice storm power outage. There is power to the power strip it is plugged into. I have unplugged it and let it set. Will not power up at all. Anything else I can do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?

Anthony

In every case where there is no power-light lit and you are sure there is power reaching the set (you have bypassed the surge protector by going straight to the wall or tried another socket) the back of the set will need to come off and one or two checks made with a volt/ohm meter then a decision is made if a board needs to be replaced do you think you can do that yourself?right now the most suspect board is the power-board but this does need verification with the checks.

Let me know please and I will provide more info

If you do not feel comfortable with this you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Regards

Anthony

Let me know if you can do this