Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have just bought a new TV TX-55C320B and I have been trying

Customer Question

I have just bought a new TV TX-55C320B and I have been trying to programme my Sky + remote so that I can control volume etc from it, without success. I contacted Sky and they sent me an updated handset but I still can't get a code to work. Do you know the specific code for this model?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jeff. 1480 (or 11480) would be the only specific IR Codeset attributed to your specific model. It is possible, however, that no matter what code is used, your remote will not be able to control the devices you wish to use it with. Cable/satellite/AV Component manufacturers include basic functionality for common devices at the time the remote is made, but are not able to provide coverage for every make and model, and are not able to update for every new device that comes out, so there is no guarantee of compatibility. In short, if this code does not work, then the sky remote is simply not capable of working with your tv. This is a sky hardware deficiency. Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your system.) Best regards,Nathan Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.