Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I recently had my 55" Toshiba mounted on my fireplace. I

Customer Question

I recently had my 55" Toshiba mounted on my fireplace. I also added a sony blue ray player. All works fine but the tv just comes on by itself 10-15 minutes after I have turned it off. Any ideas as to why or what I can try?
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi Russell , i`m Jack

Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions like the tv`s model number if possible so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jack
I don't have the model number available right now. I'll have to get back to you later.
Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No problem , I`d still have another question until then ;

Did this start at the same time as adding this new blue ray player ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It had never happened until I moved and had the unit mounted, added the blue ray player and the power source.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then first thing you could give a try to would be to unplug the dvd player`s hdmi cable from the tv .

There could be some interactions between the 2 units hdmi control features .

Cant get into that until i have some model numbers though and beside, it may have nothing to do with this so i`ll wait and i would also need the blue ray`s model number while you`re at it ?