Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My TV screen resolution has expanded to where I am unable to

Customer Question

My TV screen resolution has expanded to where I am unable to see Channel listed on left side of screen and not able to see complete drop down menu information. ATTUverse has done everything they can and have determined the problem is with the TV and not the service
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions like the tv`s model number so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIP1216
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

That's not the TV's model number

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the TV's model number ?

What is it that ATT had you try ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did they mention anything about that button at the bottom right of the vip remote ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

It says ENTER on it but just below it will say something like ZOOM or ASPECT , did you try it ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Your tv will also have a function called something like WIDE ,ASPECT , P.SIZE ,FORMAT etc.

If ATT did not mention that button on heir remote then try it in combination with the one on the TV's remote and I`m sure you find the correct aspect ratio.

Now if you have problems finding it on the TV's remote or in its menu then let me have the model number and I will point it out , all modern TVs have that function and I know your att remote has it as well in the lower right corner .

If that answers your question (if not let me know) please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Come on - i have given you the model # ***** told you there is a "zoom" function on my remote - that is it! When I push that I get a drop down menu and select "normal." No change. Please let me know if you are able to help me with this issue - right now my rating is zero - you have done nothing!!!!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I dont see any model number listed here and you did not tell me about that button on the uverse remote ????

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

That number is ***** the uverse REMOTE , NOT the tv as i asked

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Please take the time to read my questions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model # ***** ***** I know I sent you the wrong # ***** Not sure what happened that you didn't get it. I think I have sent it twice now 3x! I have to leave in 10 minutes and will be gone til late afternoon. Will check back in when i return. I have read your questions and sorry don't really understand. I told you what ATT did and said............
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The button you tried apparently is for the tv and samsung remote usually have a PSIZE button , the other one i`m talking about is on the ATT remote bottom right and may have zoom or aspect written beneath it , try it if you haven`t

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I just found the samsung remote - it does have P-size button - i don't have time to try it now but will when I return - later this afternoon
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then between the 2 remotes you will be able to set the correct aspect ratio , i can guarrantee that , never seen a setup that could not be adjusted that way unless there is a malfunction with the cable box or tv

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hitting the P-size on the samsung remote does nothing - I really need you to walk me through exactly what I need to do - step by step -
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is the remote working at all ?

That Psize button should do something ,anything but have some effect on the picture , if not then check the batteries or something but that is how you will fix this , that button and that one on the ATT remote

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , if the att remote is programmed for the tv then that aspect or zoom button on it may also work the tv if you press the TV button first at the top of the remote then press back CBL /cable to return to cable box mode .

Give it a try but even if that does not do it then the TV's PSIZE button should have some effect unless the remote is dead

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately nothing worked.. Been trying to respond to you via your other emails but the internet would not let me into "view answer." Sorry. I am pursuing other remedies and think my proble should be resolved today.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Does that button PSIZE do anything ?

If not then that remote is not working

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I have a similar samsung sitting in front of me and the PSIZE button has some effect no matter what the signal is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems the issue is with the box............Psize does make changes but nothing that helps the problem
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then i`ll ask again

Did you find that aspect /zoom button on the att remote ?

You have 2 ways to deal with this , one is the psize and the other is that aspect/zoom button on the ATT remote

Did you find it ???

You never said

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Look at the link below ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62f3y9hi7v8w1jn/2015-12-02_1618.png?dl=0

By the way , if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that

If between that button and psize you cannot find the correct aspect ratio then indeed something is wrong with that box even if att tells you otherwise , they cannot see that from their office

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My TV has been fixed - a technician came out and did it in LESS THAN 5 minutes! There is no aspect/ratio button on my remote. I'm done fussin with all of this - have spent numerous hours and I'm literally exhausted from working on it. When you send an answer you need to list step by step what a person is to do - not just push this button, find this button, etc. Sorry, I will never you "ask the expert" again - waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too frustrating (for me anyway). Sure hope I don't get charged $28 for NOTHING.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't want a new TV technician - my TV problem has been resolved! Do NOT have anyone else contact me.. Thank you.