Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My name is ***** *****, I have a samsung ln55c650L1f where

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, my name is ***** *****, I have a samsung ln55c650L1f where the little red LED lights up but will not click or turn on at all with remote or the button of the front. I have yet to take the rear cover off yet to look for swollen caps, but figure that will be next.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No click, no flash, nothing at all only that the red status light is on and thats it. the TV was given to me in this condition so I do not have ay info leading up to this condition
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nathan, Thanks for passing my question on to another tech, but I have still not received a response, any idea whats going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yo Nathan, Its been close to 48 Hrs since I paid 18 dollars to this sight looking for a little help and all I have gotten was that you passed my question on to someone else. I dont understand that. is it normal practice to tackle a question you cannot handle just to pass it along to someone else and then no answer shows up at all? whats up? can anyone on this sight help? or do I need to start the refund process?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, different tech here.

You stated -

TV was given to me in this condition so I do not have ay info leading up to this condition.

I think we should light up the backlight so we know the screen isn't cracked first.

This picture shows how to do that, and includes main and power board voltages you need to check afterwards.

http://imgur.com/kZ3pr3x