Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Sony model kdl55hx800 approx 5 years old. Tv will not turn

Customer Question

Sony model kdl55hx800 approx 5 years old. Tv will not turn on red light flashes twice pause red light twice etc. any thoughts. Thanks in advance
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

The symptom you are having indicates "Power Overvoltage" which will require taking the back panel off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. In this case the BAL board or the G6B board. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I try to help you narrow down the defect (previous electronics experience and a meter are required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,