Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TX-48CX400B Bought a few days ago. Ok first day. But now turns

Customer Question

TX-48CX400B
Bought a few days ago. Ok first day. But now turns itself off every few minutes.. No timers are on . I've redone the first time installation but it's still doing it.. I'm not using an Ariel, so it's not tuned in, only sky + box . Can you advise please?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now tuned it in to the Ariel ... Tv stays on while watching through the Ariel .. But as soon as I out the sky box on and change the source, the TV goes to standby... The red led flashes 10 times before the picture will come back on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, please tell me how the Sky box is connected to the TV- is it using an HDMI cable? If so, you need to switch out that cable as a 10 blink shutdown code can be caused by a faulty HDMI cable. If the cable has been changed and the issue persists, then the set has a fault on its Mainboard- which is the AV processing board, and it would need to be exchanged for another set- as this is a hardware failure within the TV. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.