Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I Java a Mitsubishi HD tv that's only 4 years old and I

Customer Question

I Java a Mitsubishi HD tv that's only 4 years old and I think the picture is gone because I heard a pop when it was turned on,first the green light was breaking now it's red and nothing, do we need another tv or another picture tube!! Help!! The picture is by DLP Texas Instruments
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

You tv uses a replaceable lamp that needs to be changed every few years. The pop you heard was in fact the lamp popping. All you need to do is get a new lamp and install it. Just be sure you do NOT get a cheap lamp from Amazon or eBay. Only directly from Mitsubishi:

CLICK HERE FOR LAMP

CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,