Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have an lg tv model 47 LM 6400 that won't turn on. The red

Customer Question

I have an lg tv model 47 LM 6400 that won't turn on. The red power button is lit but when I try to turn the power on all it does is flash red. Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happened. TV is 2 years old
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, does screen glow/ show backlight or any graphics when turn On TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red power light flahes and then goes back to solid red
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, was away from computer. Working on it and get back to you in few minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

It seems inverter section failure that provides high volts to backlight system inside display panel, inverter section is located on power supply board which needs to be replaced to resolve the problem. Please click following link to view power supply board image and part number info which will help you to locate it in TV if you are working on TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=47LM6400

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.