Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Samsung 55 inch LCD TV that's 5 years old will not stay

Customer Question

My Samsung 55 inch LCD TV that's 5 years old will not stay powered on. It keeps going on and off by itself
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

We have talked to many Samsung tv E series owners in the past 48 hours with this same issue, and all were coming up after a recent software update. A defective firmware version got updated automatically since the last time you used the tv. We have made samsung aware of the issue and they are working on a patch for it. Because it is so many people, I would expect this to be an immediate release, meaning within the next few days at most. You can check the Samsung support website using your full model number for the latest software, and beyond that you just need to wait a few days for the next update to release, or contact Samsung Customer Service to file your own complaint. If you find the problem continues beyond that, meaning it is not software related, then REPLY back so we can discuss other reasons for your issue.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If you need more information simply use the REPLY button and type it here in our CHAT.