Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Vizio Model no. E600i-B3 went off, will not come on.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, When the screen goes out after a few seconds, does the power light change back to standby- or does it stay ON?

Also do you get sound from the set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power light fades out, no sound
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you looking to repair the set yourself then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay then this is a power board failure which requires replacement of this board and is on average a $250 repair on this set. Unfortunately there are no quick fixes or settings that will correct this issue. If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this thing should be under warranty. by the way, your site has already charged my account the full $38.00. I will be forwarding this to BBB. This was not the agreement.