Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Lg tv mod#50pn4500-ua turns off and on automatically
,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, lg tv mod#50pn4500-ua turns off and on automatically
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: works fine till you use the volume control on the side of the tv, then it shuts off, turns back on by itself when it want
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: pay 18 bucks to tell me its the board and it costs more than the tv did new?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, This is a fault with the mainboard of the set. This board processes the remote commands and also generates the turn on/off control in the set.

The only thing you can try on a user level is leaving the TV unplugged for several hours or more (overnight is best), to see if the EEPROM (processor) resets. I don't have high hopes for this though.

If the issue persists beyond that then the Mainboard in the set needs to be replaced. If you're a DIY type then the mainboard can be purchased at the link below for your set:

http://tvpartscanada.ca/tvdetail.php?id=5646

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Alternatively if this is not something you're comfortable with, the a shop will generally charge $300 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrepaircanada.com

Other than that, sorry for the bad news on this one.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the remote the buttons on the side
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The buttons on the side and the remote are both processed through the Mainboard- it processes all of these commands. So it does not matter if it shuts off with the volume controls on the TV, the original remote, or a universal remote- this still indicates the Mainboard needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The Mainboard is getting a command for volume- but instead shutting itself off which indicates a faulty EEPROM (processor in the set). The answer above outlines what needs to be done to fix this. Sorry for the bad news on this one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What goes wrong on the main board?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The EEPROM fails- its the processor as stated above in my answer.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already replaced that board... was looking at it when you were replying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't finish this won't let me rate it