Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Blue screen is gone on our tv, can we get it back or is tv

Customer Question

blue screen is gone on our tv, can we get it back or is tv done
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still with me
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yes sorry , the website is slow today

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you are not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain this outline of figures but no picture ??

Is there something on the screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see it better today than last night, I can bring up the menu so we can hear the football game we want to listen to but the picture is very dark
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then this is different

If you go in the menu , do you have any control over the bright and contrast or picture mode etc. ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no this is satellite menu, do you want me to off of satellite
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Can you see the tv`s own menu ?

Thats the one i was talking about earlier

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go to living room and take tv off of satellite
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

In the TV's picture menu for example you can turn the blue screen on/off and set other picture modes

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You don`t need to disconnect it , use the TV's remote and open its menu

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can see menu on tv either, when I turn tv on no blue screen come on just goes to black
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

where do you see the satellite menu ???

On that tv or another tv ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I`m talking about this tv here , never mind the satellite or its menu on other tv ?

I was asking if you could see anything on this tv and you said that it was better today but now you are saying you`re not seeing its own menu and it dark ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can barely see it on problem tv, have to really squint. have tv in kitchen and bedroom and picture is clear so I know it in this tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is blue screen gone for good is what I need to know
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then these tv`s have backlighting problems and it certainly sounds like that now .

How do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this problem fixable and at what price? I might be better off to hit cyber monday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what's up Jack? leave me again
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You are looking at around $80 in parts and if repairing this yourself is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you and you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forget it then, I can buy a new one for little more than that, foolish to spend that much money to repair. how do I quit my membership to repair
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

membership to repair ??

I guess you mean subscription with justanswer or monthly whatever , sorry but not privy to any of those featues or money matters here , just an independant tech who gets paid when you rate bt i can give you a link and phone number that will answer that question ;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
1.***-***-****

Thanks again and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.