Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT740 from uk, I have problem to

Customer Question

Hi I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT740 from uk, I have problem to tune Australian tv station
here in Sydney. no problem with Netflix.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, UK and Australia has different implementation methods of the DVB -T for digital TV broadcasts. UK uses -T2 encoded with MPEG-4 AVC (High Profile Level 4) while Australia uses -T format encoded in MPEG-2. With this, the tuner module responsible for the actual processing of the TV signals is hardware limited to 1 or the other technology but not both. A UK digital TV tuner would not be able to recognize Australian TV signals.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.