Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Here. I have a 7 year old Aquos 50" LCD and it stopped

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****, Scott here. I have a 7 year old Aquos 50" LCD and it stopped recognizing the HDMI and Coax inputs. It only now works on component video and not well - picture is distorted and no sound. I've eliminated any issues with the set top box and cables by plugging them into other TVs in the house. not sure how to proceed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have AT&T Uverse and have verified the coax cable in is working. The picture that shows up in component input mode is blue, and displays at 480p, not the 720 or 1080 we would expect. There is no audio.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wait. we're wondering if the TV has maxed out the number of hours of use.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What is the model number, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan, the process to authorize the payment through the site was frustrating. I was told if I didn't need the answer right away, it would be less than if I needed it immediately. I indicated that waiting was fine, yet the site still charged the full amount. We purchased a new tv and I no longer need your services. I would like to arrange a refund of the fees.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Scott, the fee you agreed to was the lowest it would be, requesting an immediate answer would have been a higher cost. Per the terms you agreed to, you are charged the full amount upon corresponding with an expert (me, in my attempt to get additional details from you).

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I have no control over billing matters. I can advise you on this tv issue if you'd like to continue. Otherwise, you'd contact customer service for billing questions.