Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung tv that is apparently in SAP channels. How

Customer Question

I have a samsung tv that is apparently in SAP for certain channels. How do I stop this? I do not seem to have a MTS button on my remote. The TV is one year old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it is 5201, it's hard to get to the back. It is hooked up to our cable provider Xfinity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem seems to just occur on certain channels and certain broadcasts. The channel is consistent but the broadcasts vary.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Is the Xfinity cable box hooked into HDMI input or TV and do you use Xfinity remote to change channels?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to both.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, since TV gets audio-video signal from cable box and used as monitor here so it has nothing to do with SAP or MTS issue and problem is coming from Xfinity box which is source for audio and video signals to TV.

Please unplug Xfinity box power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and let it reboot that may take several minutes then check sound. If problem persist then call the cable service provider and ask them to reset the box to get all the channels on desired language setting or find SAP or MTS button on Xfinity remote (if available) and set desired language on those particular channels having different sound.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our power went out a few weeks ago which meant the cable box went out too. I would assume it would have had to reset then but this problem has not corrected itself. If this happens with one tv but not the others, then you would say it is a problem with the box? I had xfinity out here a few months ago and they seemed to think it wasn't their box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried what you suggested and it didn't fix anything.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand, if each TV has own/ separate cable box then it is definitely cable box internal SAP/MTS settings issue for certain channels.

If TV is hooked directly to antenna or cable and use TV remote to change channels then it would be TV settings issue as this way you use TV builtin tuner to process channels and SAP/MTS settings within TV work/ affect it.

Right now your TV is being used as monitor only, gets AV signal from cable box and present it as it is.

I hope these info will help, is it possible to swap the cable box with the TV that works fine so see if problem shifted to other TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually, I think you are right but I just wanted to check everything else before I had Xfinity come back out. The other box in the house went out a few days ago so I can't switch out. I will have them come out and the fact that you went through this with me was very helpful. Thanks!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

ah OK, so no other box to verify, please call Xfinity to get bad box replaced and reset this working box as well to restore default settings. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.