Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung tv and i think the plastic clip assembly on

Customer Question

i have a samsung tv and i think the plastic clip assembly on the optic cable input is broken. I cannot re-insert the optic cable and am getting no picture. Not sure what to do and hesitate getting started with a major and possibly unnecessary repair. I think the optic cable is ok but I am not totally sure.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure hold on... thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK model number UN46EH5300F
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Offhand - Optical Cable port has nothing to do with picture on TV.

Thanks for TV model number. Does TV screen glow/ show backlight when turn On?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me see. i think a little glow... i'll turn it on now.
I can tell you that when this cord was plugged in we had picture, and when the cord came out the picture went away, but sound stayed. Then we fiddled with the cord again and the picture returned. then went out again. so i'm pretty sure the picture is related to this cord. and the cord is not staying in the port. maybe I'm not saying it properly. but to answer your question, hold on I will look...
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, you can verify the screen by pressing menu button on TV remote, menu graphics should appear on TV screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry. now i've turned the tv back on and i have a picture even though this cord is out. I don't even know what to say about this cord and input now. I don't even know where the other end of this cord is connected to. Should we just forget about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to waste your time or mine. Sorry. never mind.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, do you get sound as well with the picture?

If so then all is fine, enjoy your TV shows.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have sound and picture - i don't know why it went out earlier or what this optic cord is all about but will deal with it another time. thanks anyway!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry. i don't really want to pay the $28 as I decided to stop the conversation before we even got into the troubleshooting.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No problem, just rate the answer with 5 stars and contact customer service for refund through following link..

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call:(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hang on...
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK~