Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

First.. is there a charge?
, toshiba light blew.. fell

Customer Question

Customer: hello first.. is there a charge for this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: toshiba light blew.. fell apart inside.. bought a new bulb/box. tv is still hiring and can hear what seems like a ballast. clicking... but .. no picture green light flashes. red stays solid and no the red is blinking and green is solid
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes and thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

When the lamp blew it may also have damaged the ballast.

The ballast will need to be tested by a TV tech to check if it is still working properly - if damaged, it will need to be replaced.