hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I was searching solution to a problem with my Insignia

Customer Question

I was searching for a solution to a problem with my Insignia NS-LCD37. Saw a post with a problem similar to mine. Sounds great, picture washed out with remnant shadows of former graphics displaying. You suggested t-con as culprit..
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, We can't see what question brought you here.

The screen being washed out is either the T-Con, or the Power Supply Board's 12 volt output to the T-con- with the power board being the most common cause.

To narrow it down further you need a DMM to test the 12 volt output on the supply board to the T-con to see if it's in spec. If it is- then you replace the T-Con. If it's not then the power supply board needs to be replaced.

Parts for this set are available at the link below:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/insignia/ns-lcd37

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Another thing that might help narrow this down- grab the Insignia remote and press MENU- does the TV's MENU also appear washed out? Let me know. Also let me know if you have a meter.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate specific skus for the parts you suggest rather than a website.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

There's no sku's- there are parts numbers. They are specifically shown in that page for your TV. Hang on I will post them for you.

T-Con (ALWAYS double check the part number on the board in your set):

AUO 55.37T03.021 (T370XW02 V5 CB, 06A69-1A) T-Con Board

Power Board (ALWAYS double check the part number on the board in your set):

Looks like there's two possible power supply boards:

Insignia 6HA0132010 (569FT0120D) Power Supply for NS-LCD37

And:

Insignia 667-37HA37-20 (37HA37-20) Power Supply for NS-LCD37

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
turning on the tv, the menu screen seems clear, input screen is clear, floating "no signal' screen is ok.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

In that case the issue is not likely to be your TV at all. What "source" are you viewing from where the image is washed out (please be specific: Cable box connected with composite cables for example)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv is not currently connected, but it is a Roku system which is not the issue as another tv is working fine. I reconnected it to Roku to check it and the problems are with the tv.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, your symptoms don't line up then. I will opt out.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. If you're 100% sure that the menu screen is clear and it's the picture behind it that is affected; and it's the same for any picture source then the problem isn't with the T-CON board. The T-CON (Timing Controller Board) paints the picture on the TV and therefore would affect everything that you see. The menu is the last signal put out by the mainboard before it leaves for the T-CON board. ​

You can order a mainboard from here but as the other Expert mentioned, the board number must match exactly.