Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 50 in 2006 vizio, dark screen no video or sound

Customer Question

I have a 50 in 2006 vizio, dark screen no video or sound sometimes just leave it on and it will come on and work fine. an intermitten condition, next time you turn it on works great. whats up with this. denny.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello Denny, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.

This kind of problem occurs due to failing capacitors or devalued resistors on power supply board of TV and replacement of power supply board will help to resolve the problem. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote that could be $200 to $250...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks good job. if I can determined where the ps board is I will remove it and try to purchase a new one, where I am not sure.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Its very easy, TV power cord plugs directly into power supply board so take off the back cover of TV and follow the power cord that will take you to power supply board.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with the issue?

Thanks.