Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Lost remote need an ad that has started poping up removed

Customer Question

lost remote need an ad that has started poping up removed
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model # ***** and serial # ***** and the only thing connected is a direct tv. The problem is the ad just keeps comming up and if we put the tv in mute mode it stays off but other wise it comes and goes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid, neither m23842649 nor *********** is model number of TV, please recheck nearby to get the model number and what is the brand name of TV in question?

I understand TV displays advertisement and I'll be in better position to suggest any thing if I could get your TV model number.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model # ***** and serial # ***** and the only thing connected is a direct tv. The problem is the ad just keeps comming up and if we put the tv in mute mode it stays off but other wise it comes and goes. still wainting on call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model # ***** and serial # ***** and the only thing connected is a direct tv. The problem is the ad just keeps comming up and if we put the tv in mute mode it stays off but other wise it comes and goes. still wainting on call here is new info its a samsung un40b6000vfxza serial # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there and did you get my last text also still waiting on call
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer.

samsung un40b6000vfxza is valid TV model number and brand.

Please reply back here to assist you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there and did you get my last text also still waiting on call what doi need to do
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm here now and typing an answer for you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Your TV has set on Store Demo mode and we need to turn it Off so follow the below mentioned procedure please and you wont need TV remote for it..

Turn On TV, press the Volume button on TV, when volume display appears on screen, press and hold Menu button on TV for more than 5 seconds. This will turn Off Store Demo mode in TV.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this issue in TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there and did you get my last text also still waiting on call what doi need to do u still there tried your advise alday yesterday and again today no luck goint to take it to shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
being you never called we are not going to be billed for the eighteen dollars are we also how do we cancel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u there answer back please
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I never received your phone number nor any phone call offer during this conversation so I'm sure you wont be charged $18 for phone call support.

Have you tried that I suggested in previous reply to turn Off Demo mode i your TV through buttons on TV itself?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

NO rating to answer!