Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We are thinking of connecting a vizio soundbar to a Samsung

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. We are thinking of connecting a vizio soundbar to a Samsung tv but have heard there may be some issues with that connection - true?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There is no issue yet. We want to buy a vizio soundbar but are hesitant because we have heard there maybe issues mating the vizio soundbar with a Samsung tv. This is just a question in general. Is or has there been problems with that connection?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes - I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No, there's no general issues with connections- and with any soundbar and any TV it simply depends on what the model numbers are. Samsung TV's use HDMI ARC or Optical for their audio output. Some Vizios have optical connections, some do not. So when you purchase your Vizio- make sure to ask the salesman if it has an optical connection and you will be all set.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The only times there is a problem is when people purchase a soundbar with no optical port and the TV has an optical port. Just make sure the Vizio has an optical port and you will be all set.

The model below has this port:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1121984&gclid=Cj0KEQiAvuWyBRDO_Yzhpv_4nvEBEiQANBdXMrQoUkrTgTLHvLw__eK8kuk5oaH3gO7EF2yaJoZ_vzoaAr-R8P8HAQ&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&is=REG&A=details

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.