Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sung smart tv power proplem. how can do to action?

Customer Question

sam sung smart tv power proplem.
how can do to action?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Are you saying the TV will work, but not stay on?

How long does it stay on for?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This is an issue that's related to a recent Firmware update Samsung has released. We have had dozens of customers come in today with this same problem (screen goes black when viewing from an external AV source), but the TV's native MENU will still come up.

This is due to the recent update being faulty and Samsung is aware of this issue. We have had many customers contact them and I would expect a "patch" to fix the recent update from them within the next day or so. If you'd like to add to the que of customers that have already complained to them, in the hopes that it will get them to fix the issue faster, then you can call them at the phone number below:

1-800-SAMSUNG

The only thing you can try on a user level, is to leave the set unplugged overnight in the hopes that it resets.
If you need further assistance let me know.

Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want your service,
and I don't want pay to you.
thanks
teddy chang