Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 60" Samsung plasma that turns on and is ok 2-3

Customer Question

I have a 60" Samsung plasma that turns on and is ok for about 2-3 minutes then the picture goes dark. If I turn it off and then back on the picture comes back and does the same thing. Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

I've talked to many Samsung tv owners today with this same issue, and all were coming up after a recent software update this morning/last night. All signs at this point would indicate a defective firmware version which got updated automatically since the last time you used the tv. We have made samsung aware of the issue and they are working on a patch for it. Because it is so many people, I would expect this to be an immediate release, meaning within the next few days at most. You can try unplugging the tv for a few minutes then back on to let it auto update, and beyond that you just need to wait a few days for the next update to release or contact Samsung Customer Service to file your own complaint. If you find the problem continues beyond that, meaning it is not software related, then REPLY back so we can discuss other reasons for your issue.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,