Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have samsung Un50es6150fxza...screen goes blank...I I turn

Customer Question

Customer: have samsung Un50es6150fxza...screen goes blank...I I turn off and it comes on but only 5 minutes. I can go to smart hub and it stays on. Menu stays on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have checked cdmi cable and audio cables..seem fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This is an issue that's related to a recent Firmware update Samsung has released. We have had dozens of customers come in today with this same problem (screen goes black when viewing from an external AV source), but the TV's native MENU will still come up.

This is due to the recent update being faulty and Samsung is aware of this issue. We have had many customers contact them and I would expect a "patch" to fix the recent update from them within the next day or so. If you'd like to add to the que of customers that have already complained to them, in the hopes that it will get them to fix the issue faster, then you can call them at the phone number below:

1-800-SAMSUNG

The only thing you can try on a user level, is to leave the set unplugged overnight in the hopes that it resets.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.