Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Name: ***** ***** we have had our Samsung smarttv hooked up

Customer Question

Customer: Name: ***** ***** we have had our Samsung smarttv hooked up and working flawless for over 2 yrs. Today it started to turn itself off after 1 min or so and keeps repleating. have tried another wifi box and does the same thing. Other TVs are working fine with same cable boxes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have not tried to swap out HDMI yet, as it is wall mounted and difficult to get to.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I will wait. We are elderly and on a limited budget!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There is a possible underlying hardware problem,

but there is currently a known issue with this series tv, thousands of others are having the same issue, and all were coming up after a recent software update that installed automatically last night. All signs at this point would indicate a defective firmware version.

Myself and several other techs have made samsung aware of the issue and they are working on a patch for it.

Because it is a significant issue and affecting so many, I would expect this to be an immediate release, meaning within the next few days at most.

You can try unplugging the tv for a few minutes then back on to let it auto update,

and beyond that we just need to wait a few days for the next update to release. If you want to try speeding it up, you can go into the setup menu and check the "install updates" function periodically.

If you find the problem continues beyond that, meaning it is not software related, then I can review some other hardware options with you.