Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Samsung TV started losing the signal occasionally a

Customer Question

My Samsung TV started losing the signal occasionally a couple months ago and each time would regain the signal after just a few seconds. But now it loses it after a couple minutes of service and will not regain until it is turned completely off and turned back on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does this issue seem to have just started or gotten worse today?
Does it happen with all sources/inputs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said in the request it started losing the signal momentarily a few weeks ago but not every day, then yesterday it would do it every couple of minutes. I would have to turn it off and back on each time it lost. But today it worked just fine. Was just using cable input.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I understand it started previously, I was asking if it was getting worse yesterday though.

An intermittent issue like this is fairly common and may have just been from the cable box.

The issue, if it started yesterday, was likely just a software glitch as there was a bad firmware update sent out friday night on an auto update. That should be resolved by now (why it worked ok today).

Try rebooting the cable box by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds, and let me know if you have any further issues.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.