Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My LG 55LW5600 tv shuts down and led begins to blink. Now it

Customer Question

My LG 55LW5600
tv shuts down and led begins to blink. Now it will not turn back on, but led blinks. Can you please help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Does screen glow/ show backlight when turn On the TV?

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It made a sharp screech sound prior to shutting down. after being off for a while, it worked for a few more weeks then did the same loud noise before shutting off again. I believe it may have done this again prior to not during back on and here I am.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't believe there is a backlight on at all anymore. I have taking off the back to check the boards to see if any of the transistors were bad. I can't see anything wrong with the boards or transistors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is close to 5 years old. Just started happening around 2 months ago. Yes, I've unplugged the tv and let is sit for a day. This worked once, but I had to leave it on for about 30 mins to an hour before the screen turned back on. This doesn't work anymore
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, only power supply board in TV can generate sharp screech sound due to failing inverter section that provides volts to backligt LEDs inside LCD panel. I would replace power supply board as first step to see if it helps to resolve the issue. Please click following link to view power supply board image and part number info that can be used to search/ google to get price and stock info to order it...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LG+55LW5600

I'm not sure why the power board failed but it could happen when few LEDs inside panel went bad/ short and caused overload to power board output.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I appreciate the answer. Why would it come back on a few more times? It did this about 3 times prior to not working again. Could there be a short? I guess either way I would need to change out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, this isn't in stock at Jimmy's. Do you have another creditable supplier I can use?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please search the board with the part number LG EAY62169901 to get various suppliers info, shopjimmy link was to view the board and to get part number info. I feel few bad LEDs inside panel causing the problem so check the screen for any faded/ dark areas with new power board, if screen has over all even light then all is OK and old board would had got bad regulator chip or devalued resistors etc that made it fail.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea, I've noticed hot spots on the screen for a long time. It's not bad, but you can tell when a lot of color is black on the screen, so areas on the screen are brighter. Are you saying this will keep happening?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm afraid of it. It seems new power board will soon go out because of those bad/ shorted LEDs and I would recommend a new TV instead of spending money and time on this one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10-4, thanks again. Last question. Do you know why it would have done the noise multiple times? Shouldn't it have not turned on after the first screech if that's what identifies the power board failing?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

In my opinion, there was one or two LEDs got shorted and caused first time screeching noise in power board then power board recovers it by increasing its volts supply then more LEDs got shorted that caused more load on power board then it failed.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with TV issue?

Thanks.