Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My tv won't turn on the red light come on but tv won't turn

Customer Question

Hi my tv won't turn on the red light come on but tv won't turn on and it happened right after I was going to plug In a hdmi cord and the plug in got pushed in to tv and that's all messed up so maybe that's why it's doing it
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number 60pn6500-ua
I've had it for 2 years
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Even if you have tried unplugging the tv, please complete the following at least one time:

-disconnect ALL audio/video cables from tv.

-unplug the tv power cord from the wall.

-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release button.

-plug in the tv power cord only and try to power on.

If the problem continues then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. Plasma tv is very difficult to diagnose but if you think that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can try to help you (a meter and previous electronics experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. Please, in keeping with the design of this website, be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,