Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung smart tv started going black with no sound after

Customer Question

Hi Dan,
My Samsung smart tv started going black with no sound after being on for a couple min. First it will go out for a couple sec, the back on for about 30 sec, then out and stay out.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- When did you get TV firmware update and is the problem occurred right after firmware update?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just did the update about an hour ago. The problem existed before the update. It is what prompted me to do it. Since then the tv has been unplugged.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems problem is failing main board of TV and main board replacement will help to resolve the issue. Please take off back cover of TV after removing screws around the back panel to access inside TV and get the part number written on label pasted at main board to search/ google it to get price and stock info to order it if you wish to replace it in TV yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure this is the issue? I would hate to go to all the trouble and expense and this not be the issue. Does the main board just plug in or is there soldering?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Main board replacement is plug in type work, no soldering work is needed and my answer is based on info mentioned in this question so I'm sure it is main board issue.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which one is the main board? The one with the power or the one with the inputs?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Main board is that has all video inputs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pasted at the main board or on the main board? There are several labels with lots of numbers.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Pasted on the main board and part number would be like BN94-05874F or some thing similar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the best place to buy a new one? I'm mostly seeing eBay sellers of used boards. I don't want a used one.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

encompass.com or partstore.com or shopjimmy.com are best place to get replacement boards and if ebay supplier gives warranty for the main board then it worth to give it try as it will save you r money as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was not the issue. I went into the menu and found the default reset. Now the tv works fine. No more black out. This is after I ordered a new main board. I hope I can cancel the order otherwise I have to pay a restocking fee of 20%!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good as reset did the work to resolve the problem. Please reply back if problem reoccurs.

Thanks.