Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My tv is frozen on one picture. I have unplugged it,

Customer Question

My tv is frozen on one picture. I have unplugged it, unplugged the satlite from it and turned it off and on multiple times. Just bought this tv from sams just 5 months ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. If you press MENU on the VIZIO remote, does the tv menu come up on the screen? Can you navigate around in that menu?

2. If you press VOLUME Up/Down on the VIZIO remote, does the tv show the volume level going up/down?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
menu and volume went up and down
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Please try this:

-leave the tv on showing the picture from the satellite box.

-locate the POWER cord for the satellite box and unplug it from the wall outlet (the tv screen should change).

-wait 15 seconds and plug that power cord back in.

-watch the tv screen as the satellite box comes back on.

Eventually it should return to normal. If not, remember that I am here to help you. Reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,