Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a two yeard old Samsung UN55ES7100F, which I

Customer Question

I have a two yeard old Samsung UN55ES7100F, which I previously changed the T-CON board, now the tv turns on but after a minute the screen turns black and there is no sound, if I shit the tv off and power it back on the tv will function normally for about a minute and the screen and sound will disappear again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

- Is the TV connected to internet and did you recently update TV firmware?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the cable box,dvd and xbox connected to the tv, this problem occurs when the cable box is connected....when using the smart hub the tv works fine
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged everything, tried the cable box in input 1 it worked fine for two minutes then the screen went black and no sound, shut the tv off plugged the cable box into input 3 and the same thing happened....
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, did you get recently any firmware upgrade message in TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so... I believe it upgraded automatically
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems TV firmware issue as we are getting lots of complains about Samsung ES and EH series having exact same problem and it seems the problem is occurred due to bad firmware (TV internal software) sent by Samsung. Please contact directly to Samsung (1-800-SAMSUNG) so they can release another firmware update as soon as possible to fix the problem.

Please do not give negative rate to above answer if you're disagree or dislike it and let me know so I'll repost the question so you can get another expert opinion.
Thanks.