Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Samsung tv is only about 2 years old and when I turn it

Customer Question

My Samsung tv is only about 2 years old and when I turn it on it works fine for about 10 minutes. I turn it off and wait 5 minutes and turn it on and it happens again. Can u tell me what might be wrong? Thank u for your help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Comcast and do not have anything else connected to the TV. I turn tv on and it works fine for ten minutes and the screen goes black.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand, we are right now getting lots of Samsung TV questions for the same issue.

Is it possible for you to connect another video device such as DVD/ Bluray player to TV, turn Off cable box and playback a disc to see if TV stays On or shuts Off after 10 minutes?