Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung TV Model # UN55ES7500F. 2 minutes after the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV Model # ***** 2 minutes after the TV is turned on, the picture and sound go away. The power stays on. Turn power off with remote.
Then turn power on and do the above process all over again.
?????? Just started this today.
Don
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Does this happen with all sources/inputs?

Do you have any trouble with powering it back on after it shuts down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 minutes after the power is turned on, the sound and picture turns off. then I turn the power off with the remote.
Then I turn the power back on. 2 minutes later the sound and picture will turn off again. No problem turning the TV off and on again.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

There is a possible underlying hardware problem,

but you are about the 20th person I've talked to today with this same samsung series that is having the same issue, and all were coming up after a recent software update this morning. All signs at this point would indicate a defective firmware version.

Myself and several other techs have made samsung aware of the issue and they are working on a patch for it.

Because it is a significant issue and affecting so many, I would expect this to be an immediate release, meaning within the next few days at most.

You can try unplugging the tv for a few minutes then back on to let it auto update,

and beyond that we just need to wait a few days for the next update to release.

If you find the problem continues beyond that, meaning it is not software related, then I can review some other hardware options with you.