Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have Samsung UN46ES7100 which is turning itself off every

Customer Question

I have Samsung UN46ES7100 which is turning itself off every 15 minutes or so. What's the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does this seem to happen no matter what source/input is used?
Do you have any trouble with powering it back on after it goes off (have to press power button several times to get it back on, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regardless of source it occurs. I thought it was the satellite box but it happens when my son plays play station as well. It starts right back up.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

There is a possible underlying hardware problem,

but you are about the 20th person I've talked to today with this same samsung series that is having the same issue, and all were coming up after a recent software update this morning. All signs at this point would indicate a defective firmware version.

Myself and several other techs have made samsung aware of the issue and they are working on a patch for it.

Because it is a significant issue and affecting so many, I would expect this to be an immediate release, meaning within the next few days at most.

You can try unplugging the tv for a few minutes then back on to let it auto update,

and beyond that we just need to wait a few days for the next update to release.

If you find the problem continues beyond that, meaning it is not software related, then I can review some other hardware options with you.