Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My 55" Samsung turns on and stays on min then the picture

Customer Question

My 55" Samsung turns on and stays on for 2 min then the picture goes black
The sound is gone as well
The Tv does not shut off just no picture and no sound
If you turn the TV off and then back on it will stay perfect for exactly 2 min then lose picture and sound again
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged all devices and just plugged the TV into the power and it is happening as if I had the cable box and DVD player still plugged in
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, you mean TV still shuts Off without any video device connected, is this correct?

If so, does screen stay lit/ glow while picture/ menu graphics disappear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct and it does glow just no graphics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not even sure you would say it glows it is black but it is not powered off
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, there are two suspected circuit boards in TV, either main board or t-con board can cause such symptoms and mostly it is main board. Please click following board supplier link to get identical replacement board if you are repairing the TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=UN55ES6500FXZA

OR get the part number off of main board label and search/google it to get better price info to order it. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Just to add more info, we are getting lots of complains about Samsung ES series having exact same problem and it seems the problem is occurred due to bad firmware (TV internal software) sent by Samsung. Please contact directly to Samsung (1-800-SAMSUNG) so they can release another firmware update as soon as possible to fix the problem.

Thanks.