Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am trying to install a Sylvania soundbar with a sub

Customer Question

I am trying to install a Sylvania soundbar with a sub woofer. The instructions about pairing are confusing. I am unable to get any sound and I am unsure if I have it hooked up correctly
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions like the model numbers of the tv and sound bar so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yes and ..... the model numbers please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sylvania Bluetooth soundbar system. Samsung LED Flat Screen TV model UN40H5003AF
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sylvania soundbar SB377W
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Is the issue only with pairing the sub to the soundbar?
That actually should not be necessary, as they should be paired from the factory.

Have you connected the soundbar to the tv yet, and if so are you getting sound through it?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

For the pairing process, you simply (with both sub and soundbar powered on) press and hold the pair button on back of the sub for 5 seconds, then do the same with the pair button on the remote.