Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a vizio 55 inch smart tv. I cannot adjust the volume

Customer Question

I have a vizio 55 inch smart tv. I cannot adjust the volume or bring up NETFLIX. I have changed the batteries and unplugged the television for at least 10 seconds. Also the other controls on the remote do not work
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions like the tv`s model number so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Actually the model number starts with a letter , for example if your tv is a 55" then you could have E55...... , P55...... .M55.... etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The menu button does work, but the volume button doesn't work. So far, I am fine with online help
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You must have received an automated phone offer from the website , never mind that

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k now you are saying that some buttons work on the vizio remote ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now, the volume button on the back of the TV is working, but the volume button on the remote does not work
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yes I was about to ask you about the buttons on the tv after the model number .

Those vizios have problems with the remote sensor and I would need the TV's model number to get details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plus $28 for online help? I don't think so. I am retired, and on a limited budget. Will you waive the $18 fee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or waive the $28 fee, and just charge me $18?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I`m not sure what you are talking about here , I`m certainly not privy to the billings or money matters here .

Just the repairman .

Call this number http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
1.***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Must be the automated message system, wanting me to switch to a phone call for an additional $18. I keep getting that message. The volume button on the back of the TV works, but the remote volume button does not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I sent the model #. Here is another #.....M550SV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Do you happen to have a cell phone camera,digital camera or any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?