Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The zenith tv z42pt320
, The tv acts like its turning

Customer Question

Customer: The zenith tv z42pt320
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The tv acts like its turning on but the screen is black, though the red light is on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv then turns off and back on by itself, but the screen remains black. It also makes a clicking sound when it turns on and off.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

When the tv appears to be on, are you getting sound?