Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am connecting a new Samsung tv via splitter to another tv

Customer Question

I am connecting a new Samsung tv via splitter to another tv that has a direct tv box.
I have cable from splitter one to new tv one to old tv. On new Samsung while setting it up
it say no cable connected HDMI. options are check cable connection and setting of your source or press source on your remote to select connected source device
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What type of cable and/or splitter are you using here ?

Are we talking about a coaxial cable connected into the TV's antenna/cable terminal at the back of the tv or something else ?