Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a model KDL-32XBR9 TV. reason a banner appeared at

Customer Question

I have a model KDL-32XBR9 TV. For some reason a banner appeared at the top of the screen stating "DEMO MOTIONFLOW" and I cannot figure out how to turn it off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Do you have the original Sony remote that came with the tv?

2. If you press HOME/MENU on the Sony remote, does the tv menu come up on the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

In order to remove the banner you are seeing you will need the original Sony remote and you will need to reset the tv to factory default then go through the initial setup procedure. Be sure to choose HOME mode when it asks for the tv location. After finishing the setup and choosing HOME mode, the banner will be gone.

Two ways to reset the tv:

-Turn on the TV. Press and hold down the up button on the remote, press the POWER button on the TV set. Release the up button.

or

-HOME/MENU > Product Support > Return settings to factory defaults.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,