Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sharp aquos tv and the short log on the front of

Customer Question

hello, i have a sharp aquos tv and the short log on the front of the TV in blinking. I can't get the TV to turn on or off
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The "short log"? Please elaborate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, typo. sharp logo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Ah okay- makes sense now :-) Alright, I will need to ask for some more info:

1) How old is the set and when did the problem occur (storm, outage, etc.)?

2) Please count the blinks (for example 2 short blinks, pause, 2 long blinks, pause then repeat), and let me know what you get. This is a blink code used by Sharp.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure on, age came with house. its 3D and we bought ht house 3 years ago. my guess is is about 5 years old. It just happened now when i turned off the tv. Now its blinking and wont come back on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, you're not replying back to the most important part right here:

"Please count the blinks (for example 2 short blinks, pause, 2 long blinks, pause then repeat), and let me know what you get. This is a blink code used by Sharp."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
getting a longer blink and then a quick burst blink about every 1-2 seconds
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Specifically "One Long blink" followed by "One Short blink"- then repeats correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay pulling that code up right now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This is bad news on this set- and it means the Lamps inside of the LCD panel (the screen) are not lighting up and this generally means the screen has failed.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please reply back after you try that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
weird thing is, when it first happened it wasn't the same blinking pattern. don't recall exactly what it was though
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay this is terminal news on this set I'm afraid- there's no way around it. The one long, and one short blink code points directly to the Lamps inside of the screen not lighting up- and they are not replaceable without replacing the entire LCD panel (which costs as much as the TV did when new).

All you can try on a user level beyond the steps above is leaving the set unplugged for several hours or more (overnight is best) in the hopes that it resets itself after cooling down.

Beyond that the set is considered non-repairable I'm afraid, and I wish I had better news on this one.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and sorry for the bad news. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** different expert and I'll assist you, we can verify the screen (LCD panel) by going through following procedure.

While holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” buttons on TV itself at the same time, plug in the AC cord of the main unit to turn on the power and check.

Does screen lit, stay On and letter K appear?

If so that means screen/ LCD panel is fine and problem is elsewhere in TV that we will troubleshoot later.

Thanks.