Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  3 years experience
15852642

Who of your team has more knowledge on plasmas pioneer tvs

Customer Question

who of your team has more knowledge on plasmas pioneer tvs
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What damage was there to the Main Logic Board in the TV, originally?

I cannot claim to be fully acquainted with plasma TVs made by Pioneer. However, no other Expert has stepped up to take on this question, so I feel I should offer what I do know.

The only info I can find on our 14 blink code is, in a Sony TV, it can mean 'panel failure'.

If that applies also to your Pioneer, that is a very expensive item to replace, and replacing the whole TV might be more economical.

But, that's uncertain to be relevant. I think you should get a service manual for this TV. It may save you more than its cost, in parts swapped in and found not to be the problem nor the solution... and also, it might well tell us what the 14 blinks means.

Would you be interested in a source for a service manual for this TV? if so, let me know.

If so, this appears to be a free-of-charge source, though the PDF blinks rather alarmingly:

http://diagramas.diagramasde.com/televisores/downloadManual.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have a service manual and the 14 flash blink is related to home gallery issue. The replacement main board is the one set for my model ...AWV2312 but is a bit diferent since dods not have one of the conectors...but if you do not have the knoledge for pioneer probably you cannot be able to solve the problem...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original part number for my main board is ANP2146-A (AWV2312)
The one I got now is ANP2146-C (AWV2312)
Tv works fenomenal, it just turns off at the 6th
I have a little knowledge on this tv set. I know how to get to the integrator module and the service module. But do not know how to reset my system....but defenetely need the support of someone with experience in pioneer plasma products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Main assy broke down because a power failure and lighting that day.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The different revision level of the replacement main board (from -A revision to -C) is quite possibly not helping the issue at all.

If there was a lightning-caused power surge, and your TV was not plugged into power filtering nor into surge protection, damage in it may not be limited to one board, but may be extensive perhaps.

I don't have much else to offer in the way of advice, so I have Opted Out, not cutting off communication, but opening the case to other Experts. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.

Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I am not sure why your manual says 14 blinks has to do with the home gallery as it does not. It is specific to two boards in your TV (most commonly the A board). But it can be caused by other boards failing and will throw up this error. Have you replaced any of the boards at all yet?