Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a LC-70LE845U 3 years old Lost sound and picture

Customer Question

Customer: I have a LC-70LE845U 3 years old Lost sound and picture tried to re boot by holding down side buttons and plugged back in got sound back but no picture. Took to repair shop he changer the mail power supply still no picture
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: repair man can not get any info form Sharp tv service teck on what to do next
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

I would not have expected it to be a power supply issue unless it was turning on and then turning off. The picture problem would be either in the panel or in one of 3 or 4 boards inside the device. Is the panel completely black? Was there anything – any type of pattern that you can discern the screen prior to the failure? If it's something other than black, if you could attach a picture here what looks like that would be quite helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TheTV would at turn off on its own for 2-3 seconds while watching it for long period of time then come back on on its own. this happened may be 6 times in the three years . Had not done this 4-5 months beforeI had this problem When I lost sound and picture we come home from vacation and the tv was on only 20 min
Called sharp tec unplugged TV held several buttons on then plugged back in got sound on picture.did another unplugg and held different buttons in still no picture. sound will stay on as long as the tv is on , screen all black even in a dark room .TV
acts the same with any input (sat tv dvd ) when push menu button screen still black the tv is on a surge protecter The TV is at the repair show now . do you know estimated cost of repair Thanks Pat

If the problem turns out to be the screen, that can be an expensive repair. However, if it is one of the boards, the hardware is not expensive and generally parts are not very costly. If you can, try to get a new part versus refurbished because refurbished parts with TVs tend to be a good way through their useful life. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the okay, good, or excellent rating icons. Thank you.