Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Accurian portable tv. unable to charge battery

Customer Question

accurian portable tv. unable to charge battery
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, there is no practical action to be taken here.

These tvs have a sealed internal lithium battery, and while it is rechargeable, that battery has a limited number of charge cycles. With typical use they will last 3 years or so. This is a 2009 model product from an "off brand" manufacturer, meaning they use low quality parts and have no support for their products in any form (they are now out of business, no warranty, no parts available, etc). The battery in these is not made to be replaced, and when it will no longer hold a charge the tv is considered to be disposable. It would cost more to try to replace the battery than it would to replace the tv entirely with a new model.

There are many other comparable options available for a relatively inexpensive replacement: http://amzn.to/1jkgwZ9

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,