Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have Panasonic TX-P46G15E. Every time I turn it on, it

Customer Question

Hi. I have Panasonic TX-P46G15E. Every time I turn it on, it gives six time red blinking faultcode. If i leave D32 and D20 connectors open (not connected) TV will engage, but without image.. Previous expert told me to change SD or SU card. I changed both,
jus for a case. Nothing changed
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The troubleshooting guide for 2009 models (if that is what model-year yours is, it might apply) says that the 'check points' are the SU-Board, or SD-Board, or SC-Board, or SS-Board.

So the SD and the SU are most likely (they're listed first) but the SC and SS boards might be implicated also.

It might save you some money swapping out boards, though, if you obtained and used, in your troubleshooting, a service manual for this model line of Panasonic plasma TVs. Would you like me to research a source for one, and cite it for you? (at no additional charge.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it's possible. I would be delighted.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Research finds two sources (at least) for such a service manual, for your model of Panasonic TV:

http://elektrotanya.com/panasonic_tc-p46g15_chassis_gpf12du.pdf/download.html

which may not be the -E chassis exactly, but should help! and is free of charge - provided you load the page, then wait 30 seconds or 1/2 minute, and then scroll down, ignoring banners and BIG SPLASHY ADS, to below the Preview image of the first page, then click only on the

Get Manual

link and nothing else - and note, you have to wait 1/2 minute, if you don't, that link does not appear until the page has loaded for 1/2 minute or so.

The other source is for-money, not for free:

http://www.service-manual.net/ashop/catalogue.php?searchstring=Panasonic%20TX-P46G15E&showresult=true&exp=&resultpage=&categories=off&search=catalogue.php

but is definitely for the -E chassis variety that you have.

If this helps with the problem, please rate my Answer, to also allow the case to be closed by and by.

(You still haven't told me, is yours the 2009 model?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. yes it is fabricated 6/2009.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

For the 2009 model, the SC and SS boards are what remains to 'try replacing' aside from what you've already mentioned as swapped out. At least that's what the six-times-red-blinking fault code indicates. If the service manual says otherwise, let its opinion rule over mine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like the first manual is litle a bit different than mine TV..
May be i buy that second one..
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK.