Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 59 in vizio tv model e320ar. cant open up Netflix

Customer Question

I have a 59 in vizio tv model e320ar. cant open up Netflix but the menu will not open either so that I can check to see if there is a proper internet connection. Please help.
Carol
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What exactly do you see on your screen right now?

Also are you able to get any response at all from the original Vizio remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
remote works fine on regular tv, cant open netflex app or the menu to check if there is proper internet connection.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you using the original Vizio remote or a cable provided remote please

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Something strange here. The model you posted "E320AR" is a 32" TV- not a 59", and it's also NOT a Smart TV (meaning has no internet apps).

So, can you please elucidate on this? Is this the correct model number? How are you receiving Netflix on the set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we use both at times. I have used both to try ant connect to netflix. when menu is selected the screen show a small circle that its trying to load but doesn't.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its e320ar which is taken off the QS guide 50 inch. I just realized that this may be our other tv and I would need to look again for the 50 inch tv. Im so sorry.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This is a 32" TV- E"32" is the screen size. Please get the correct model number so I know what set we're dealing with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need more time to check for that paperwork. can I email later.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes, no problem.

Also, please try a hard reset- we may not need that model.

Disconnect the TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the set itself (usually located if you reach around the lower left corner of the set- it's on the back), for 15 full seconds and release.

Wait a full minute then plug the TV back in and turn it on.

Check and see if you can then access the MENU or Netflix using the ORIGINAL Vizio remote please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will try that. Will I need to pay for another contact?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You pay once for the entire question. Try those steps and postback please. That may be all that's needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome- let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found it. model e502ar.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Try those steps above. Power button is located on the side panel- top button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I follow your same instructions as with the other tv?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric-
fyi-I haven't had a chance to do the follow up yet as my granddaughter is having surgery tomorrow so have been busy with that. I will follow up as soon as I have a few extra minutes.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No worries, and sorry to hear. I hope everything works out for you and your granddaughter.