Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My vs-50609 does not hold power on setting. after unplugged

Customer Question

my vs-50609 does not hold power on setting . after unplugged
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What do you mean- does not hold power on setting- do you mean it shuts itself off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it needs to come on again when i physically plug the power cord back in the wall
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have several others that work this way
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what that means "it needs to come on again". Please reply back in complete sentences in detail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is what it needs to do - plug unit into wall outlet , tv comes on ! ! ! nothing else is needed
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I understand now-this is the Mainboard that causes this. Now, are you able to use the rest of the controls on the TV when it is ON (Input/Device, MENU, volume, etc.)?

Also, are you able to shut it off using the power button on the set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everthing works fine , just doesn't hold " power on " setting
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay then you're looking at either the keypad controller having a fault or the mainboard's turn on command- not something to do with the settings. The question is- do you really want to take the set apart and replace parts to fix that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure , tell me the location and brief description of the part - i've changed electrolytic capacitors in them before