Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

No power to tv and power button remote does not work

Customer Question

no power to tv and power button remote does not work
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL50R450A. Only tv has no power
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Does power indicator turn On (solid or blink) when plug TV power cord in and press power button?

- Do you hear relay click sound from TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no and no
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems power supply board failure that need to be replaced to resolve the problem. If you wish to replace it yourself then remove back cover of TV after removing screws around the back panel to take it off of TV and follow the AC Power cord that plugs in power supply board. Please check following board supplier link to get replacement power supply board..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-895-468-11-g50w-board.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with TV issue?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.